Thursday, May 12, 2011
Salmon with sweet corn, tomato and avocado relish
This is a fabulous summer recipe from Martha Stewart. A wonderful dish to whip up after a trip to the farmer's market.
* 2 ears corn, husks and silks removed
* 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, cored and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
* 2 avocados, halved, pitted, and diced
* 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
* 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
* 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
* Coarse salt and ground pepper
* Vegetable oil, for grates
* 4 skin-on salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
* 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
In a large pot of boiling water, cook corn until tender, about 4 minutes. Cut off tip of each cob. Stand corn in a wide shallow bowl; using a sharp knife, slice downward to release kernels. To bowl, add tomatoes, avocados, onion, parsley, 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt, and teaspoon pepper; toss to combine.
Heat grill to medium-high. Clean and oil hot grates. Rub fish with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with Creole seasoning and season with salt and pepper. Grill fish, skin side down, until skin is crisp, 4 to 5 minutes (if fish does not release easily, cook a bit longer). Using a thin spatula, flip fish and cook until slightly pink in center, about 4 minutes more, depending on thickness of fillet. Serve salmon with corn relish.
Recipe and picture is the property of Everyday Food / Martha Stewart and can be viewed on their website at: http://www.marthastewart.com/338161/salmon-with-sweet-corn-tomato-and-avocad