1 TBSP pine nuts
Lemon Butter Sauce:
16 TBSP butter (2 sticks) cut into pieces
1 1/2 tsp minced shallot
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup heavy cream
pinch of white pepper
2 TBSP Butter
1-4 TBSP minced garlic
1 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced 1/4 inch thick
12 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 cups spinach (leaves only)
1 pound capellini (angel hair) pasta, cooked according to the package directions
1. Do ahead: Toast the pine nuts. Heat a large, deep rying pan over medium high heat. Add the whole nuts and toast, stirring often. When the nuts are fragrant with a light-brown color, remove them from the heat. Cool on a paper towel.
2. Make the lemon-butter sauce in a medium saucepan. Melt 2 TBSP of the butter and saute the shallt and garlic until translucent and soft-do not let the vegetables or the butter get brown. Add the lemon juice and wine and let reduce by half. Season with salt and pepper, then add the remaining 14 TBSP butter, wisking it in, piece by piece, on very low heat.
3. To cook the shrimp, melt the 2 TBSP butter in a large skillet and saute the garlic until soft. Add the mushrooms, saute for a minute or two, then add the shrimp;cook until they are pink.
4. Add the spinach by gently folding it in (it just needs to be wilted, not cooked all the way through). Add the toasted pine nuts.
5. To serve, place the pasta o warmed plates with the shrimp mixture on the side. Pour the lemon-butter sauce over the pasta, and drizzle a little over the shrimp.