Saturday, October 13, 2012

Copycat Recipe- Boston Market Creamed Spinach

This is called a copy-cat recipe, but this is the actual recipe that Boston Market uses for their creamed spinach. I don't think I've ever eaten there that I didn't get this as a side. Don't ask me where I got it, I'd have to shoot you. I've converted "spinach haters" with this recipe.

Boston Market Creamed Spinach

2 boxes frozen, chopped spinach

1 small onion, very finely minced

1 can cream of celery soup

1 TBSP flour

4 Tbsp butter

salt and pepper to taste

In a saucepan, cook spinach and onion until onion is opaque and spinach is hot. In another saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and wisk until smooth. Do not brown. Stir in soup, salt, and pepper. Pour butter mixture over spinach mixture and stir to combine. Serve hot.

No comments: