This recipe won first place and People's Choice at the Central Florida Fair Slow Cooker Competition this year. I am posting the recipe here for those who were unable to get a copy at the fair.
* 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
* 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef or chicken broth
* 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
* 2 medium green peppers, chopped
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 3 celery ribs, chopped
* 5 garlic cloves, minced
* 3 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
* 2 teaspoons dried basil
* 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
* 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
* 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
* 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
* 1 pound smoked sausage, halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
* 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
* Hot cooked rice
* In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the tomatoes, broth and tomato paste. Stir in the green peppers, onion, celery, garlic and seasonings. Stir in chicken and sausage.
* Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 hours or until chicken is tender. Stir in shrimp. Cover and cook 15-30 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with rice.