Sunday, February 14, 2010

Lindsay Olive Lovers Salad Challenge Results Are In!



I just returned from the Florida State Fair and the Lindsay Olive Salad Lovers Challenge. I had a great time. I entered my original recipe, which is Greek Style Shrimp and Pasta Salad and...drum roll.... I took Second Place! I won $50, a beautiful gift basket stuffed with Lindsay Olive products, a wine bottle shaped cutting board and cheese knife set. I also received a gorgeous Lindsay Olives rosette for my wall.

There was a bit of controversy between the contestants, because the dish that took first place was a bread and not a salad. I do have to agree, it was the "Salad Challenge", but I suppose that is up to Lindsay Olives to figure that one out. I had a wonderful time though, and I hope that the FSF will bring this competition back again next year. I will be competing in this same challenge at the Central Florida Fair. Can't wait!

No comments: