Thursday, May 12, 2011
Watercress, Pear, and Cashew Salad
This simple to prepare salad is wonderful with many entrees, including a simple grilled chicken breast or salmon ( think 30 minute meal!). If you are unable to find watercress, it is just as good with mixed baby greens, or baby spinach. Don't be afraid to experiment with ingredients you have on hand.
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, such as safflower
* 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
* 1 tablespoon soy sauce
* 2 bunches watercress (about 1 pound total), tough stems removed
* 1 Bosc pear, cored and thinly sliced
* 1/4 cup chopped unsalted cashews
In a large bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, and soy sauce. Add watercress, pear, and cashews; toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Recipe/picture is the property of Martha Stewart/Everyday Food and can be viewed on their website at: http://www.marthastewart.com/334685/watercress-pear-and-cashew-salad